- Flexible and breathable: The shoe's bootie construction feels snug and flexes with your foot. It's made with solid and mesh areas, giving you structure and ventilation where you need them most.
- Super-soft cushioning: A dual-density foam sole and large Max Air heel unit deliver plush cushioning for casual, everyday comfort.
- Knit upper with no-sew overlays for comfort and support
- Asymmetrical lacing for a secure fit
- Heel pull tab for easy on and off
- Solid rubber outsole in the forefoot, clear rubber on the heel
- Color Shown: Black/Black/Black
- Style: AH8050-005
Nike Air Max Origins
Nike's revolutionary Air-Sole unit made its way into Nike footwear in 1978. In 1987, the Nike Air Max 1 debuted with visible air in its heel, allowing fans more than just the feel of Air-Sole comfort—suddenly they could see it. Since then, next-generation Nike Air Max shoes have become a hit with athletes and collectors by offering striking colour combinations and reliable, lightweight cushioning.