'90s RUNNER TAKES TO THE STREET
Originally released in 1994, the Nike Air Max2 Light returns as a near-exact replica of the iconic runner with style for the street. Its mesh and synthetic upper, molded heel and Max Air unit honor the OG, while the soft foam midsole optimizes all-day comfort.
- Design remains true to the original, with a breathable mesh upper and synthetic overlays for added support.
- Max Air unit offers a springy feel underfoot.
- Molded heel construction nods to the original.
- Phylon foam midsole gives a plush, cushioned feel.
- Rubber on the outsole enhances durability.
- Designed in Europe
- Shown: White/Habanero Red/Cool Grey/Black
- Style: AO1741-101
Nike Air Max Origins
Nike's revolutionary Air-Sole unit made its way into Nike footwear in 1978. In 1987, the Nike Air Max 1 debuted with visible air in its heel, allowing fans more than just the feel of Air-Sole comfort—suddenly they could see it. Since then, next-generation Nike Air Max shoes have become a hit with athletes and collectors by offering striking color combinations and reliable, lightweight cushioning.